Sunday, April 17, 2011

Atlas Shrugged Movie Review

Atlas Shrugged. I saw the movie on opening night Friday. The theater was basically empty which was not surprising since there was no advertising for the movie and unfortunately most people have never read the book.

I went with 3 other people. Only 1 of them has read the book and she just read it recently on my recommendation. We agreed that the movie was very good and in particular the lead character (Dagny) was spot on. The two people who never read the book found the movie to be interesting but somewhat tough to follow.

I would give it 3 stars out of 5 and I'm looking forward to part II

1 comment:

Donkeyhue said...

Im going Wednesday, its a low budget deal so as far as movie experiences go, my expectations arent high, but its good the message is getting out.

Of course, the usual suspects are coming out of the woodwork both left and right to make ad homimen attacks on Ayn Rand. Im surprised Gary, hasnt popped in yet to try and claim her as a liberal.

Funny thing is, if you go to Rotten Tomatoes (its a cumulative rating site Rhino) only 9% of critics give it thumbs up, but 90% of viewers give it a positive review.

I wonder why it didnt resonate with people that make their living in the press?